Terms, Policies & Conditions
Standard terms on orders financed through Pitt Auto Electric by a customer with an account in good standing are 1.5% cash discount at 10 days, net 30 days.
Standard Freight Program
- Freight charges are prepaid by Pitt Auto Electric and added to the customer invoice.
- All shipments, including industrial engines, accessories and parts, are on a customer-pay basis.
- Customer pays actual freight on premium, expedited or drop shipments or shipments by a customer-specified carrier.
- Backorders are typically shipped from our warehouse within one day of being received by us from the manufacturer. If possible they are shipped with a customer's next new order shipment, but they are subject to the freight terms above.
- To reduce freight charges, a customer can request that the order be shipped complete or that thier account be set as Partial/Order to limit the number of shipments per order (For example, one shipment of all that is currently in stock and another when all backorders are filled.)
A minimum order charge of $5.00 will be assessed for orders not meeting our $25.00 minimum order requirements.
All returns must be arranged by calling our customer service number at 1-800-245-0711 and receiving a Return Merchandise Authorization (RMA) number. Specific instructions and terms of the return will depend on factors such as purchase date, material condition, manufacturer's policies, and the reason for the return.
Website and Privacy Policies
To prevent unauthorized access or disclosure, maintain data accuracy, and ensure the appropriate use of information, Pitt Auto Electric Company implements physical, electronic, and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect. Pitt Auto uses high-grade (RC4 128 bit) encryption and an SSL Certificate issued to Pitt Auto Electric Company for www.pittauto.com by Network Solutions, LLC. when collecting or transferring sensitive personally identifiable information including new user registration, existing user logins, and all checkouts, including those that submit credit card information. However, Pitt Auto Electric Company does not guarantee that unauthorized third parties will never defeat measures taken to prevent improper use of personally identifiable information.
User passwords are keys to accounts. Use unique numbers, letters, and special characters for passwords and do not disclose passwords to other people in order to prevent loss of account control. Users are responsible for all actions taken in their accounts. Notify Pitt Auto of any password compromises, and change passwords periodically to maintain account protection.
Pitt Auto's web servers and third party analysis providers automatically log aggregate information, such as a user's IP address, browser type, date and time of access, and other log file data. This information may be used to analyze trends or administer the site. Log files do not contain personally identifiable information.
Use of Data Collected
Pitt Auto Electric Company may use the information a user submits for any purposes related to Pitt Auto's business, including, but not limited to:
- To allow the user to purchase products, access services, or otherwise engage in activities the user selects.
- To understand a user's needs and create content that is relevant to the user
- To generate statistical studies
- To improve services, information, and products
- To help a user complete a transaction, or provide services or customer support
- To communicate back to the user
- To personalize a site for the user
Pitt Auto Electric Company will not sell, rent, or lease a user's personally identifiable information to others, except as described in this Privacy Statement. Unless Pitt Auto has a user's permission or as required by law, Pitt Auto will only share the personally identifiable information a user provides online with other entities that are part of Pitt Auto Electric Company and/or outside service providers who may be used to ship products, process credit cards, provide technical support, handle order processing, or otherwise act on Pitt Auto and the user's behalf. These third parties are prohibited from using users' information for any other purpose, including their own marketing.
Please be advised that in certain instances, it may be necessary for Pitt Auto Electric Company to disclose a user's personally identifiable information without a user's permission to government officials or otherwise as required by legal obligations. Pitt Auto Electric Company may disclose such personally identifiable information when responding to subpoenas, court orders, or legal process, or to establish or exercise legal rights or defend against claims, including fraud or infringement investigations.
Data collected online may be combined with information a user provides through other means of communication, such as postal mail, by telephone, in person, or obtained from third parties to further carry out the purposes described above.